Roofle provides construction services and products. "Roofle," "we," or "us" refers to Roofle Inc. and any other corporate entities under common ownership with Roofle Inc. ("Affiliated Entities").
Information We Collect and How We Collect It
Information About You That You Share With Us Directly
When you set up an account on Roofle, you may be asked to give us information like:
- your first and last name;
- your username;
- your gender;
- your age or birthday;
- your e-mail address;
- your home address;
- your phone number;
- a password; and/or
- other information that helps us to identify you or helps us to provide or improve our services.
Information You Generate Using Our Services
When you use our Services, we’ll collect information about the ways in which you use and interact with our Services, such as products you review and purchases you make.
Cookies and Other Automated Information Collection
We, our service providers, and our business partners use these cookies and other similar technologies to collect and analyze certain kinds of technical information, including:
- IP address;
- the type of computer or mobile device you are using;
- platform type (like Apple iOS or Android);
- your operating system version;
- your mobile device’s identifiers, like your MAC Address, Apple Identifier For Advertising (IDFA), and/or Android Advertising ID (AAID);
- application performance and de-bugging information;
- your browser type and language;
- referring and exit pages, and URLs;
- the number of clicks on an app feature or web page;
- the amount of time spent on an app feature or web page;
- domain names;
- landing pages;
- pages viewed and the order of those pages; and/or
- the date and time of activity on our Services.
We’ll collect information related to any purchases you make.
If you purchase any products and services through Roofle, our third-party payment processor will collect the billing and financial information it needs to process your charges. This may include your postal address, e-mail address, and financial information. Roofle’s payment processors do not share your financial information, like credit card numbers, with Roofle, but they may share non-financial information with us related to your purchases, like your name, billing address, and the items purchased.
Customer Support Correspondence
When you ask for help from our Customer Support team, we will collect and store the contact information you give them (generally, your name and e-mail address), information about your activity on our Services. We will also store the communications you have with our Customer Service team and any additional information in those communications in order to provide support and improve the Services.
We may collect or receive information about you from other sources like third-party information providers. We use this information along with information you provide us directly, for example, to serve you advertising more tailored to your interests.
How We Use Information We Collect and Our Legal Bases for Processing It
We use your information under several legal bases, including to establish and perform our contract with you, for our legitimate interests, to comply with our legal obligations, to establish, use and protect Roofle’s rights, or otherwise with your consent.
The main use of the information we collect and store is to provide you with the Services you request from us and to improve your customer experience, but there are other uses as well. The uses for which we collect and store your information include:
- to improve and optimize our Services and our customers’ experiences;
- to personalize our Services to you;
- to communicate with you about the Services you’re using, new Services, and promotional offers that we think might be of interest to you;
- to provide technical support and respond to customer inquiries;
- to protect the safety and well-being of our customers;
- to protect Roofle’s rights and property in connection with our Services;
- to prevent fraud or potentially illegal activities, and to enforce our Terms of Service;
- to manage and deliver contextual and behavioral advertising;
- to administer rewards, surveys, sweepstakes, contests, or other promotional activities or events sponsored or managed by us or our business partners;
- to comply with our legal obligations, resolve any disputes we may have with you or other parties, and to enforce our agreements with third parties; and/or
- to conduct research.
However, we’ll normally collect information from you only where we need it to perform our contract with you (i.e., our Terms of Service), where the processing is in our legitimate interests (provided that these aren’t overridden by your interests or rights), or if we otherwise have your consent.
In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation or need to collect information from you or may otherwise need the personal information to protect your vital interests or those of another person.
If we ask you to provide information to comply with a legal requirement or to perform a contract with you, this will normally be clear from the context in which we are asking you to provide your information (for example, when we ask you to provide a username to access our Services, this will be to create an account for you in accordance with our Terms of Service), and, if not, we will provide an explanation to you at the relevant time. We will also make clear whether providing information is mandatory.
Similarly, if we collect and use your information in reliance on legitimate interests (or those of any third party) which are not listed above, it will be made clear to you at the relevant time what those legitimate interests are (such as personalizing our services and marketing, for example).
If you have questions or need further information about the legal bases on which we collect and use your personal information, please Contact Us.
How We Share Information
We may share your information, including personal information, with third parties or allow third parties to collect this information from our Services in the following circumstances:
With Affiliated Entities
With Third-Party Service Providers
Roofle works with third parties, including subcontractors to provide its products and services (“Trade Partners”). We will share your information with these Trade Partners, as well as third-party companies who provide products or perform services on our behalf, like payment processing, analytics, analysis, hosting services, customer service, marketing, and advertising optimization. We will also share your information with our third-party business partners who assist us in delivering and optimizing our Services, such as our platform partners (Apple, Google, Facebook, Amazon, etc.). Where we share your information with third-party service providers and business partners, we ensure that we have appropriate agreements in place to protect your information (as required by applicable data protection laws).
Safety, Security, and Compliance with Law
Your information, and the contents of all of your online communications in our Services and between you and Roofle may be accessed and monitored as needed to provide our Service and may be disclosed:
- to satisfy any laws or regulations that apply;
- when we have a good faith belief that we have to disclose the information in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including for national security, law enforcement, or legal process purposes (for example, a court order, search warrant, or subpoena);
- when we believe in our sole discretion that our Services are being used in committing a crime, including to report such criminal activity or to share information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection, credit risk reduction, and other security precautions;
- when we have a good faith belief that there is an emergency that poses a threat to the health and/or safety of you, another person, or the public generally; and/or
- to protect the rights or property of Roofle or applicable third parties, including to enforce our Terms of Service.
Sale or Merger
Other Third Parties
Your Rights and How to Update and Manage Your Personal Information
Accessing and Deleting Personal Information Held by Roofle
If you want to review or delete personal information associated with your customer account data, please submit a request through our Personal Data Request Portal. For deletion requests, we will take reasonable measures to delete your personal information from our records. We will keep certain records (e.g., personal information relating to payments or customer service matters) where we need (and have rights) to, such as for legal or accounting purposes. We’ll also keep information in order to exercise, defend, or establish our rights.
Opting Out of Promotional Communications from Roofle
If you want to stop receiving promotional e-mails from Roofle, click on the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any promotional email from Roofle or visit our Email Settings page.
Our Policies Concerning Children
Roofle’s Services are not intended for children under 13 years of age and you must be at least 18 years old to have our permission to use our Services. We do not knowingly collect, use, or disclose personally identifiable information from children under 13. If you believe that we have collected, used, or disclosed personally identifiable information of a child under the age of 13, please contact us so that we can take appropriate action.
How Long We Keep Your Information
How long we retain your personal information depends on why we collected it and how we use it, but we will not retain your personal information for longer than is necessary for our business purposes or for legal requirements.
We will retain personal information about you and connected with your account and/or the Services you use from us for as long as you have an active account with us. We will take reasonable measures to delete this personal information if you delete your account. However, you acknowledge that we may retain some information after you have closed, or we have deleted, your account with us where necessary to enable us to meet our legal obligations or to exercise, defend, or establish our rights.
Security of Your Information
If you have an account registered directly with Roofle, your profile information is protected by the password you use to access your Roofle account. It is important that you protect and maintain your Roofle account’s security and that you immediately tell us of any unauthorized use of your account. If you forget the password to your Roofle account, the Services allow you to request that instructions be sent to you that explain how to reset your password. If you access our Services through a social network and your social network account is hacked or otherwise compromised, this may lead to someone accessing or deleting your Roofle accounts without your permission. So, be careful to keep your social network account information, including your social network account password, secure as well. We urge you to log out of your Roofle account and any social network account you have used to access our Services when you are finished using them.
When you sign into your Roofle account or enter payment information, we and our third-party payment processor use encryption to transmit that information.
While we take precautions against possible security breaches of our Services and our customer databases and records, no website or Internet transmission is completely secure. We cannot guarantee that unauthorized access, hacking, data loss, or other breaches will never occur, and we cannot guarantee the security of your information while it is being transmitted to our Service. Any transmission is at your own risk.
For your convenience, whenever this Policy is changed, we will update the “effective date” at the top of this page. Be sure you check the effective date to see if this Policy has been revised since your last visit.